Las Vegas Motor Speedway, for the most part, confirms most of our suspicions after Auto Club Speedway so there will be few things we have learned. We will call this week mostly what was reaffirmed instead.
1. Daytona 500 wins have next to no bearing on how your season will go. Jamie McMurray caught lightning in a bottle and scored an impressive win at Daytona but outside of winning the pole at California and running a few laps in the top 10 at Vegas he showed that he still isn?t ready for prime time (ie. The Chase).
2. Joey Logano will win more than 1 race this year (and not by staying out during rain or pit strategy). The kid is that much improved. At this point you could even say he has the best chance of getting into The Chase out of the Joe Gibbs Racing stable.
3. Penske (A few writers? pick for most improved team) is in for a subpar year. The highest finishing Dodge at Vegas was driven by Brad Keselowski who came home in 26th place. With manufacture backing dwindling you have to wonder if Penske will be changing manufactures next year.
4. Las Vegas Motor Speedway either has a new resident ghost or Kim Kardashian?s rather large postier was ?accidently? setting off the caution lights.
5. Matt Kenseth made the right choice to urge Roush to bring in a new crew Chief. While they are still in the ?honeymoon phase? Todd Parrott and Matt Kenseth have shown instant chemistry and much improve results.
6. Kevin Harvick is driving like a man possessed and a man who never wants to see another year like he had last year. He has the best (and at this point maybe the only) chance out of non-Hendrick cars to unseat Jimmie Johnson this year.
7. Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Mark Martin could conceivably be on track to finish 1,2, and 3 again this year in the Chase. Is this good for NASCAR as whole?
Opinions expressed in blogs are those of the individual bloggers and do not necessarily represent the views of racing-reference.info.