All About Motorsports writes:
"My Predictions for the 2013 NASCAR Season"
Posted by cjs3872 on December 28, 2012
Viewed 842 times
These are my predictions for the 2013 NASCAR season. There will be some general predictions, as well as winners for selected big races, as well as the Chase field for 2013. So without further delay, here are my predictions for the 2013 NASCAR season:
1. There will be no first-time winners for the second consecutive season. The only non-winners who are competitve drivers that are in competitve equipment are rookie Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. and Aric Almirola, but I don't think either will win in 2013.
2.I predicted this last year, and will do so again this year. At least two current organizations will expand for 2014, and at least one or two new teams will debut either in ther middle of the 2013 season or in 2014.
3. Jeff Gordon will hit 90 wins this year and return to victory lane in at least one crown jewel event. As you'll see, that will be one of the many milestones hit in 2013.
4. Plenty of career milestones will reached in 2013. Here's a listing of them:
-Jeff Gordon will reach 90 wins (he currently needs three)
-Tony Stewart will reach 50 wins (he currently needs three)
-Kyle Busch (24), Matt Kenseth (24), and Denny Hamlin (22) will all get to 25 wins
-Each of the four drivers closest to 20 wins, but not yet there, will get that 20th win in 2013. Carl Edwards, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Kevin Harvick (each at 19), and Greg Biffle (at 18) will all get to 20 wins in 2013.
-Brad Keselowski will join the double-digit win club (he needs one to become the 58th driver to score at least 10 wins)
5. Other awards/championships in 2013:
-NSCS Rookie of the Year: Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., but it will be closer than most people think.
-NNS Champion: Austin Dillon
6. Historic wins will be achieved in at least one of of the big races in 2013.
7. Crown Jewel Race Winners:
-55th Daytona 500: 24-Jeff Gordon (his 4th win)
-64th Southern 500: 11-Denny Hamlin (his 2nd win)
-All-Star Race XXIX: 20-Matt Kenseth (his 2nd win)
-The 54th Coca-Cola 600: 15-Clint Bowyer (hs 1st win in any of the crown jewel events)
-The 20th Brickyard 400: 48-Jimmie Johnson (his 5th win, becoming the first-ever 5-time winner on the IMS oval)
8. My 12 Chase Drivers for 2013:
88-Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
As always, I welcome the response of any poster to these predictions.
Opinions expressed in blogs are those of the individual bloggers and do not necessarily represent the views of racing-reference.info.