Racing-Reference.info Forums  

Go Back   Racing-Reference.info Forums > People > Drivers

Drivers Discuss your favorite (or least favorite) drivers here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
Smokefan05
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 233
Default Jamie Mcmurray

A lot of talent in poor equipment. His stats don't show how good he really is. Showed what he had a CGR before it went down the tubes. Won 4 straight races at Rockingham then went no where. Left Chip for Roush and hasn't done anything except beat Cryle Busch at Daytona for his only win with Roush.
Won in his only 2nd start at Lowes (who could forget that.)
I really don't know of anyone who hates him but i think i'm going to be proven wrong.
Jack should keep him and lauch David Ragen.
Smokefan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
ShakeNbake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 183
Default Re: Jamie Mcmurray

You've got to be kidding me about the equipment? Back when he won that race the #40 car was one of the best performing cars in the Business. Chip had the machine humming and even his 41 and 42 cars where running well he just had no bodies in them. Heck Casey Mears was pushing for the Top 12 back in 06 or so. Also Jack Roush has put some ponies under the hood of his cars the last few years. Kenseth, Biffle, and Edwards have all won multiple races and pushed hard for championships. Lets just face it Jamie McMurray never was and never will be anything more than a 11-15 place driver because that is where his talent lies amoungst his peers.

I do agree with you, however, that David Ragan has shown no improvement and should be the one of the 5 Roush guys canned and not Jamie McMurray.
ShakeNbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
Smokefan05
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 233
Default Re: Jamie Mcmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeNbake View Post
You've got to be kidding me about the equipment? Back when he won that race the #40 car was one of the best performing cars in the Business. Chip had the machine humming and even his 41 and 42 cars where running well he just had no bodies in them. Heck Casey Mears was pushing for the Top 12 back in 06 or so. Also Jack Roush has put some ponies under the hood of his cars the last few years. Kenseth, Biffle, and Edwards have all won multiple races and pushed hard for championships. Lets just face it Jamie McMurray never was and never will be anything more than a 11-15 place driver because that is where his talent lies amoungst his peers.

I do agree with you, however, that David Ragan has shown no improvement and should be the one of the 5 Roush guys canned and not Jamie McMurray.
Even i remember how good Chips cars were back before CGR went down the tubes. Sterling would have a Cup if it wasn't for the Kansas crash. But sadly Chip blew the whole thing up.
If Jack has the horses to win races then why haven't Carl and Greg won this year? Matt is barely in the Chase, and Carl can't do anything but wreck his own teammates and Greg is either there or not. Jaime is better than what Jack has given him in terms of cars and personal. And he'd have more wins if luck hadn't bit him in the ass. Jaime has won races, he is a proven winner given the right people and cars. RFR is a three car team, not a 5 car team. Even if David goes it's still is a 3 car team. Jaime will be left hung out to dry with left overs.
But David does deserve to go, he has shown nothing that makes him worthy of the #6 car.
Smokefan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:02 AM   #4
ShakeNbake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 183
Default Re: Jamie Mcmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokefan05 View Post
Even i remember how good Chips cars were back before CGR went down the tubes. Sterling would have a Cup if it wasn't for the Kansas crash. But sadly Chip blew the whole thing up.
If Jack has the horses to win races then why haven't Carl and Greg won this year? Matt is barely in the Chase, and Carl can't do anything but wreck his own teammates and Greg is either there or not. Jaime is better than what Jack has given him in terms of cars and personal. And he'd have more wins if luck hadn't bit him in the ass. Jaime has won races, he is a proven winner given the right people and cars. RFR is a three car team, not a 5 car team. Even if David goes it's still is a 3 car team. Jaime will be left hung out to dry with left overs.
But David does deserve to go, he has shown nothing that makes him worthy of the #6 car.
Last I checked McMurray has driven for Jack longer than just this season...
ShakeNbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Smokefan05
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 233
Default Re: Jamie Mcmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeNbake View Post
Last I checked McMurray has driven for Jack longer than just this season...
Since 06. Left Chip in 05.

Last edited by Smokefan05; 07-15-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Smokefan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
ShakeNbake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 183
Default Re: Jamie Mcmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokefan05 View Post
Since 06. Left Chip in 05.

Exactly, and what has McMurray done in comparrison to his teammates in those years? Nothing. Roush was winning races all 4 years he's employeed McMurray.

Lets compare:

2006
Kenseth 2nd -4 wins - 15 - 21
Edwards 12th -0 Wins - 10 - 20
Martin 9th - 0 Wins - 7 - 15
Biffle 13th - 2 Wins - 8 - 15

2007
Kenseth 4th - 2 wins - 13 - 22
Edwards 9th - 3 Wins - 11 - 15
Biffle 14th - 1 Wins - 5 - 11
Ragan 23rd - 0 Wins - 2 -3

2008
Edwards 2nd - 9 Wins - 15 - 22
Biffle 3rd - 2 Wins - 12 - 17
Kenseth 11th - 0 Wins - 9 - 20
Ragan 13th - 0 Wins - 6 - 14

McMurray:
2006 25th - 0 Wins - 3 - 7
2007 17th - 1 Win - 3 - 9
2008 16th - 0 Wins - 4 - 11

The Other Four:
Averages:
9.83 Points
1.91 Wins
9.58 Top 5
16.0 Top 10s

McMurray:
Averages:
19.33 Points
0.33 Wins
3.33 Top 5
9.00 Top 10

Differences:
-9.50
-1.58
-6.25
-7.00

That is a very sad difference in performance. The only teammate he has ever finished ahead of his a 21 year old rookie with minimal experience who was wrecking every week in David Ragan. That alarming and proves he's no elite driver in this sport. Like I said he is 11-15 at best.
ShakeNbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
Smokefan05
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 233
Default Re: Jamie Mcmurray

Stats are stats but that doesn't mean that the #26 car on par with Jaimes talent. Once he went to Roush his to 5's, top 10's went down and avg start and finsih went up. What does that tell you? That the #26 car and crew it's what you think it is. Like i said. RFR is 3 car team. It's Greg, Matt, Carl. THose guys get the best of what jack gives them, Jaime isn't. I'm leaving out David because he is in the same or better than Jaime. And is doing bad.
The worse car in the Roush stable is the #26 car. But we could go on forever and i'm not going to aruge with you. We are just going to have to disagree on this.
Smokefan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #8
Kirkyal
Senior Member
 
Kirkyal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 114
Default Re: Jamie Mcmurray

I like the guy! He probably should do better but sometimes the gods aren't with him... hope he stays with a ride (i'm sure he will!)
Kirkyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
kwillymac
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 48
Default Re: Jamie Mcmurray

This is a very tough thing to judge. It has to do with Chemistry more than anything. And if Chemistry isn't there then the driver and team can get down real quick. Dale Jr. is a shining example. Jamie has talent. In this business if everything doesn't fall in place just right, you can look real bad. I will never say any of these drivers has no talent. Some have just been blessed with better equipment and better chemistry.

Remember Jeff Burton was doing nothing in Rousch equipment in the final year of his racing career there. Didn't mean he was bad. Carl Edwards took his place and did well. Burton went to RCR and did well. Very hard to put your finger on the problem.
kwillymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #10
Smokefan05
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 233
Default Re: Jamie Mcmurray

I read on Jayski that Roush will keep David Ragen. So not fair. Jaime will be moved to RYR next year. Jaime gets the shaft again. Jack you are a moron.
Smokefan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.