Racing-Reference.info Forums  

Go Back   Racing-Reference.info Forums > NASCAR Racing > Nationwide Series

Nationwide Series Discussions pertaining to the NASCAR Nationwide Series.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Smokefan05

Default Nationwide COT

Next year the new car will run races at the RP tracks and road courses. Those are the only courses that it will ran at next year.
And before anybody come here and says "it will suck as much as the Cup car." Yeah will no it will not. From what the drivers say it is very friendly. No bump stop, coil binding and no wing. And the sweet spot for hiting the setup right will be bigger because of less horsepower. And all of what was wrong with the Cup COT HAS been fixied with this car. I've got pics.
http://www.finallapradio.com/wp-cont.../nns_large.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/n...prelud.jpg?o=2
http://media.photobucket.com/image/N...ntyGTX/COT.jpg
I could find a Dodge, Toyota and Ford but no Chevy.
For the admin, i'm using the pics so people can view the car, not for anything else.
Smokefan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:16 AM   #2
John Royal

Default Re: Nationwide COT

Yeah it is nice they fixed some COT problems with this car, I hope they will emplement the same car to Cup also. I read somewhere that NASCAR wants it to be possible to use same car in Nationwide an Cup except for the engines.

But best part of this car? It even looks good!
John Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
ShakeNbake

When is the first race it is expected to run next year?

Wait, they want to run the same car in cup and Nationwide less the engine change? I thought everyone was already complaining enough that cup drivers ran too many Nationwide races? If you give them identical cars who is to say they won't want to run even more Nationwide races? I think they should be quite a bit different if you want to keep cup regulars from Busch wacking.
ShakeNbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
Smokefan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeNbake View Post
When is the first race it is expected to run next year?

Wait, they want to run the same car in cup and Nationwide less the engine change? I thought everyone was already complaining enough that cup drivers ran too many Nationwide races? If you give them identical cars who is to say they won't want to run even more Nationwide races? I think they should be quite a bit different if you want to keep cup regulars from Busch wacking.
Daytona (twice) Talladega, and all the road courses. First race next year.
Look at the pics the cars are COMPLETELY different. The Nationwide car looks NOTHING like the Cup car. The Nationwide COT looks more like a street car then the Cup COT does.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
ShakeNbake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokefan05 View Post
Daytona (twice) Talladega, and all the road courses. First race next year.
Look at the pics the cars are COMPLETELY different. The Nationwide car looks NOTHING like the Cup car. The Nationwide COT looks more like a street car then the Cup COT does.
I've seen the pictures and I see they are different, but I was talking about John Royal's comment above mine.
ShakeNbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
Smokefan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeNbake View Post
I've seen the pictures and I see they are different, but I was talking about John Royal's comment above mine.
My mistake, sorry. Running the same cars in Cup and Nationwide? hm, i don't think that will happen. NASCAR wants each series to have it's own unqiue car.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:04 AM   #7
John Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokefan05 View Post
My mistake, sorry. Running the same cars in Cup and Nationwide? hm, i don't think that will happen. NASCAR wants each series to have it's own unqiue car.
Im sorry I cant remember the source, but it was thought so that it would be easier for Nationwide drivers and teams to move up to Cup. There might be a fear of short entry lists for Cup races. Of course it means also that even more Cup teams and drivers will compete in Nationwide if there wont be any rule changes for that.
John Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
Smokefan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Royal View Post
Im sorry I cant remember the source, but it was thought so that it would be easier for Nationwide drivers and teams to move up to Cup. There might be a fear of short entry lists for Cup races. Of course it means also that even more Cup teams and drivers will compete in Nationwide if there wont be any rule changes for that.
No, NASCAR wants each series to have a unqine car. WHo ever said or stated that is wrong. But for the record that i may wrong also in ASSUME-ing that NASCAR will do what i think they will do.
We will have to just wait and see.