Racing-Reference.info Forums  

Go Back   Racing-Reference.info Forums > People > Other Personnel

Other Personnel Owners, team members, administrators, etc.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Smokefan05

Default Long time fan has to vent

Since i concider the fans part of the "ect" i'll post this here.

/Stands on soap box//
I've been a fan of NASCAR for over 15 years. I've seen all the change happen right before my eyes. So have all of the fans, but i really wounder. Why have so many left? I'll tell you why, they can't deal with change. Only if something REALLY bad happens, do people change. Only after Dales death did things REALLY change. Better safety, the COT and other rules and regulations. But in the grand scheme of things, that's normal. But too some it isn't. They think things should stay the same. Well i'm sorry to break it too people but things change all the time. Weither you like it or not. The world (NASCAR includied) must and will change with the times. But no one is forcing you too stay and watch, or do have nothing else better to do with your time but to find something to complain about? I say that answer for you.......you have to find something to complain about. I could continue but i'm going to shorten this up:
NASCAR is the way it is, DEAL WITH IT.
The COT is here, DEAL WITH IT.
The Chase is here, DEAL WITH IT.
I'm going to repeat what Jeff Burton said on a show on SPEED i quote "the racing in the past 6 races has been great, if you aren't happy about the past 6 weeks, then you'll never be happy at all period." "The racing of today is better than it was back in the 70's and 80's. No disrespect, but it's better." "The fans wantied that forum we (the drivers, teams and NASCAR) had. They wantied it and we got it." Jeff Burton is credible here. Why? Because he is in the meetings and he is in the garage area. "We" the fans aren't there and "we" the fans aren't in the meetings.
I know it's hard to believe that someone has excepted with what NASCAR has become. I have, but i REALLY want to know why it's so hard for other people?
I'm not here to make enimes. This my opinion. NASCAR is what it is. Weither you like it or not. Either stay and enjoy the ride or leave. I see it as a no-brainer to me.
Smokefan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
John Royal

Default Re: Long time fan has to vent

I understand your frustration towards fans who complain about the todays NASCAR, and I admit for being such fan

It is true that things change and there are stuff in NASCAR that nobody can do anything about it and it is fine with me. I am mainly complaining about the car, it is one of the smallest things in whole NASCAR and could be so easily changed to provide better racing. NASCAR just fails to see that opportunity. People think that COT is what it is because of safety, aerodynamic shape of the COT has nothing to do with safety. COT is actually "COT" and NASCAR looked into future when they designed spec-car, because car manufacturers are leaving motorsports, escpecially NASCAR, and so NASCAR needs uniform car like in IROC. _BUT_ it could and should be far more better car!

I have used great amounts of time (15 years) researching NASCAR's past and history, and I have watched good and bad races from various eras, and with this knowledge and enthusiasm I think I have right to say my opinion about what NASCAR has been, and what it should be, and what it will be.

I don't care what Jeff Burton thinks about the racing when as a driver he is what he is, he thinks racing is good when cars are separated by few seconds just because he would not handle racing situation where cars are all over the place bumping and bangin. He is not a racer, he is a driver. Modern NASCAR suits his driving style, although he still can't accomplish anything.

Carl Edwards admitted after Michigan that for driver this is great track and it is fun to race here, but for a spectator this might be boring to watch.

Last time it was David Pearson and Bobby Allison who critizised NASCAR for the same things that many of the fans does. So it is not just the fans, and I believe there are some drivers today too which would want to have more racing.

Anyway, I still keep watching NASCAR whatever happens because it still is best possible professional autoracing there is. I am not watching NASCAR so that I have something to complain about, I am watching it for the same reasons most of are. But I am not closing my eyes from the things that obviously are wrong and could easily be better. I have also watched CART, Formula 1, WRC, ALMS, DTM, WTCC, and I can say all those series aren't even anywhere near the excitment of NASCAR.
John Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
Smokefan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Royal View Post
I understand your frustration towards fans who complain about the todays NASCAR, and I admit for being such fan

It is true that things change and there are stuff in NASCAR that nobody can do anything about it and it is fine with me. I am mainly complaining about the car, it is one of the smallest things in whole NASCAR and could be so easily changed to provide better racing. NASCAR just fails to see that opportunity. People think that COT is what it is because of safety, aerodynamic shape of the COT has nothing to do with safety. COT is actually "COT" and NASCAR looked into future when they designed spec-car, because car manufacturers are leaving motorsports, escpecially NASCAR, and so NASCAR needs uniform car like in IROC. _BUT_ it could and should be far more better car!

I have used great amounts of time (15 years) researching NASCAR's past and history, and I have watched good and bad races from various eras, and with this knowledge and enthusiasm I think I have right to say my opinion about what NASCAR has been, and what it should be, and what it will be.

I don't care what Jeff Burton thinks about the racing when as a driver he is what he is, he thinks racing is good when cars are separated by few seconds just because he would not handle racing situation where cars are all over the place bumping and bangin. He is not a racer, he is a driver. Modern NASCAR suits his driving style, although he still can't accomplish anything.

Carl Edwards admitted after Michigan that for driver this is great track and it is fun to race here, but for a spectator this might be boring to watch.

Last time it was David Pearson and Bobby Allison who critizised NASCAR for the same things that many of the fans does. So it is not just the fans, and I believe there are some drivers today too which would want to have more racing.

Anyway, I still keep watching NASCAR whatever happens because it still is best possible professional autoracing there is. I am not watching NASCAR so that I have something to complain about, I am watching it for the same reasons most of are. But I am not closing my eyes from the things that obviously are wrong and could easily be better. I have also watched CART, Formula 1, WRC, ALMS, DTM, WTCC, and I can say all those series aren't even anywhere near the excitment of NASCAR.
I told the admin to remove this if things get outta hand. So far so good.
I see where your coming from. Thats fine, i don't turn a blind eye to the bad things about NASCAR either. But i don't complain about them all the time. It's counter productive. It does nothing. NASCAR hears us, but that doens't mean they should do what we say. NASCAR is looking into changes on the COT. That forum was what it was for. Air your side and NASCAR will air theres. I believe things got done. What those changes are remain to be seen. But the fans will get there way. (i hope for my sake)
You have the right to disagree with Jeff Burton.
I too have watch all those you have stated. I enjoy them but not as much as NASCAR. OW racing lost me long ago. All the others haven't.
As i said on the Lifelock 400 comment board. If you like yesteryear racing fine, if you like todays racing fine. It's your life.
My only problem is with the fans who watch a race and then complain about it later. Those people i have a problem with.
Smokefan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #4
jhendy300

Well.

I might just leave. If Na$ "car" just wantsta catheter to the left coast fans then they can kiss my @** good fa-riggin-byebye.

This sport just aint meant for us old fogies. We grew with Cale and Richard and Bobby. Now we got Parker. Parker? isn't that what ya say about your car? I'm gonna parker in the garage tonight? Dale must be spinning fast in his grave enough to cause a tornado I reckon.
jhendy300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
Earnhardt3

amen jebus have mercy on them souls. let me tell u what. in 1981 i was young bloodin and it was when i needed alarm clock to get up for the race, when if a driver cried he was smack down in the pits, when men were men, no toyoters, only all american #1 racing well those were the days and never forgot rip dale earnhardt
Earnhardt3 is offline   Reply With Quote