Racing-Reference.info Forums  

Go Back   Racing-Reference.info Forums > People > Drivers

Drivers Discuss your favorite (or least favorite) drivers here.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
ChazzyJoe

Default Jeff Gordon

The official Racing-Reference.info Jeff Gordon Thread! Anything and everything related to Jeff Gordon and his team.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:26 AM   #2
John Royal

Default Re: Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzyJoe View Post
The official Racing-Reference.info Jeff Gordon Thread! Anything and everything related to Jeff Gordon and his team.
When I started to follow NASCAR, Jeff Gordon had just come in and was beginning to dominate. He drove that awesome rainbow-themed Dupont car (much cooler than the flame car) and that car just looked SO cool at the track, I immediatly started to root for him.

Altough being "young", he is one of the few old guys still racing in Cup and don't know what I'll do when these guys are gone
John Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
DieselDan

His back problem seems to be a concern. It may be his physiology, or from racing since he was a toddler, but it is affecting his performance. I wonder if that rollover he had with Marus Gronholm in a rally car caused it?
DieselDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
John Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDan View Post
I wonder if that rollover he had with Marus Gronholm in a rally car caused it?
I doubt... The rollover was pretty easy in terms of rally and other motorsports. In such crash spinal column stress is relatively low compared to sudden vertical movement of human body e.g. in case of landing from jump.

Although it would be ironic for me that Finnish rally driver affects career of Gordon..
John Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
BoobieJohnson

I hate to say it, but I think Jeff back troubles is going to cut his career short. I never thought he would run very long after not being competitive (not saying he's not), he would not drag out his last years of racing.I still think we will see him on Sundays at the track, just not in the car.
BoobieJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
Kirkyal

I have nothing but respect for jeff Gordon! He is one of the greatest talents NASCAR will ever see! His attitude to racing is exactly what NASCAR needs, a guy in my view who does nothing wrong!
Kirkyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
kwillymac

Love him or hate him, he is a true legend.
kwillymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:45 AM   #8
Phillywis

I have been following Jeff Gordon since 2001, his most recent championship season. I'm quite impressive with his winning races. However, I can't imagine what it would be without Jeff Gordon once he retires from the sport.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #9
ShakeNbake

Jeff Gordon would be a no body without Rick Hendrick period. When it came to open wheel and dirt tracking he was a marginal talent. Even in the Busch series he was so-so, but Mr. Hendrick put him in his car and turned him into a super star...Jimmie Johnson too.
ShakeNbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
kwillymac

Jeff Gordon is a true legend. He has been so good for so long he deserves all the accolades he gets. He has learned how to be good at every size track in Nascar.
His back isn't a concern to me. He said he hurt it in that crash last year when there was no Safer Barrier. Don't recall the track. Maybe Lowes. Anyway he will be fine. He said there is no damage to the disc. Even so Mark Martin had back surgery and he is fine. Doesn't look like it is affecting his performance. He is up front almost every week.
kwillymac is offline   Reply With Quote