Racing-Reference.info Forums  

Go Back   Racing-Reference.info Forums > NASCAR Racing > Nationwide Series

Nationwide Series Discussions pertaining to the NASCAR Nationwide Series.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
REAL_RACING

Default Busch wackers

What do you guys think of them? I think its a little un fair to the guys coming up to have to race with cup guys that are bound to beat them every week.
REAL_RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
Earnhardt3

Default Re: Busch wackers

they ruined the grand national series(i call it GN not nationwide) because when can th underdog ever suceed? how many tymes, nascar and dumb donkey bill france never did anything, o well another snoozer series
Earnhardt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
gojr88

they should be banned from the Busch series.
gojr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
Kirkyal

I don't think they should be banned but possibly restrict it to 3 or 4 Sprint guys only in a Nationwide series race... I feel its got worse over the years especially as Kyle and Carl race full schedules and do very well!
Kirkyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
Talon64
Stat Freak

It's better now than it was just a couple years ago, guys like Jason Leffler and Brad Keselowski can hang with them regularly now. Justin Allgaier's the best real Nationwide rookie in the last few years.

But Carl's done the fulltime double duty thing 5 straight seasons, I think it's time he gave it up. Kyle's done it 3 of the last 5, if he gets the championship he should go back to just part time.

As for the rest of the whackers, it's too late. It's like they shot the series in the kneecap and now they're providing it with the crutch it needs to stay standing.
Indycar: 3, 11, 6, 02, 4, 10, RHR, and get Paul Tracy a fulltime ride!
Talon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
FHgrad99

I think the Buchwacking needs to be limited. I don't think full time Cup drivers should be allowed to run the Nationwide Series full time as well. I don't have a problem with Cup owners going for the Nationwide Owners Championship if they are having a non-cup driver splitting time with a cup driver.
FHgrad99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
StreetDreamer83

One of the things that has been overlooked is that back in the 80s and 90s, a lot of the Cup drivers owned and raced for their own teams. Earnhardt, Irvan and Allison are three that come to mind immediately. A few others like Gant raced for a Busch only team. One of the major problems with the series today is that the Cup drivers are essentially driving Cup level equipment with Cup level teams. Think about it. There's a big difference between a Cup driver owning his own team, hiring his own people who build their own equipment. If Earnhardt drove RCR equipment in his Busch days, he would have won twice as many races. Same goes for a lot of guys who raced their own cars or drove for a Busch owner. Harvick and Junior are the only two drivers I can think of who have their own teams and drive their own cars. I guarantee you if Edwards or Busch did that, they wouldn't be winning as many races.

Personally, I think there should be no more than 7 Cup drivers starting each Nationwide event. For qualifying, they should do what they do with drivers outside of the top 35, but instead do it amongst the Cup drivers. You take the fastest 7 and the rest go home. Then you limit them to 7 starts. That's just my view.
StreetDreamer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:43 AM   #8
nascar_vd
NASCAR-WORLD

In history the Buschwackers phenomenon begins in the first race of 1982 season with the late Dale Earnhardt Sr.There has always been the drivers of the Sprint Cup. Without them no sponsors, no spectators... Cannot do without them. Especially to meet the advertising on TV !!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #9
Mikey2448

I think its OK for cup drivers to race in Nationwide but NASCAR needs to limit how many races they run. I think the Nationwide Series championship should go to Nationwide only drivers.
Mikey2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #10
ab1
The Boss

Yes, it has been going on since the beginning but there is a difference between someone like Dale Earnhardt running with the "little guys" once in a while, and these drivers today who run every week. A typical Nationwide Series race these days is just a glorified test session for Roush, Gibbs and a few others, against minimal competition.

Nascar will never limit this from happening because they too believe that fans will tune out or not show up at the track if high-profile (yet boring) drivers like Kenseth, Biffle and Burton aren't on the track.

True race fans - a species which Nascar either knows nothing about or actively despises these days - will watch good racing even if some of the 43 drivers aren't household names yet.

But you'll never convince Nascar or the almighty sponsors of that.

Funny, isn't it, that with all this pandering to the sponsors & media, that TV ratings are tanking hard? Where are all these coveted "new" fans that Nascar, Fox and "Digger" are trying so hard to attract?

Do you think Nascar might get a clue, stop the pandering, and go back to putting a product worth watching on the track?

Nah.....
ab1 is offline   Reply With Quote