Racing-Reference.info Forums

Racing-Reference.info Forums (http://www.racing-reference.info/forums/index.php)
-   Other Personnel (http://www.racing-reference.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Tony Stewart/Gene Haas (http://www.racing-reference.info/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

Candraco 06-04-2009 07:29 PM

Tony Stewart/Gene Haas

Tony Stewart may be a driver but this year he become part owner in the then Haas CNC team (now Stewart-Haas Racing).

in the 7 years before tony stewart came to the team Haas CNC had only one top 5 with Johnny Sauter at the 2007 Richmond Race and only 2 top tens (afore mentioned Sauter run as well as a 6th place finish in the spring 2007 bristol race)

since tony stewart has come aboard the new team has now scored an amazing combined effort of 16 top tens with ten of them being top 5s

i know hendrick plays a big part in this but wow what a big gain by this team

nascar_vd 06-04-2009 08:02 PM

Re: Tony Stewart/Gene Haas

between 2002 and 2008 Haas CNC Racing collected 1 top5and 14 top10 in 284 races;)

Candraco 06-04-2009 08:41 PM

oops sorry thanks for the correction your absolutely right!

also a couple more stats:

between 2002 and 2008 only 109 laps have been led by any car on the Haas/CNC team

in 2009 there has been 197 laps led by stewart and newman alone

also the best points finish between 2002 and 08 was 21st by ward burton in 2003

this year both Stewart and Newman are on pace to beat that record obviously.

John Royal 06-08-2009 08:29 AM

Hendrick-Haas with Stewart as a driver :)

Days of independance and real owner-drivers are gone. (at least in top-20 at points)

ShakeNbake 06-10-2009 12:55 AM

I love Tony Stewart and what he is doing, but all those improvements are more to do with the pure driving abilities of him and Ryan Newman in comparison to the garbage Haas-CNC had in those cars prior to 2009. Its a testiment to Stewart and Newman as drivers way moreso than to Tony Stewart as an Owner.

John Royal 06-10-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShakeNbake (Post 547)
Its a testiment to Stewart and Newman as drivers way moreso than to Tony Stewart as an Owner.

Actually it is a testament of Hendrick dominance.

ShakeNbake 06-10-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Royal (Post 550)
Actually it is a testament of Hendrick dominance.

Haas-CNC still blew goats last season with Hendrick backing.

The reason for the turn around is because Stewart and Newman's driving abilities over the garbage they had before period end of story.

kwillymac 07-16-2009 05:14 PM

I think Stewart has done a great Job. That being said, he now has a Hendrick crew chief, full Hendrick support, Engineering, Notes from the 48, 24, 5 cars. It is something that Stewart was given by Hendrick. The other years they didn't have that kind of support. In every way Hendrick now had six cars on his team and counting...

gojr88 07-16-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwillymac (Post 832)
I think Stewart has done a great Job. That being said, he now has a Hendrick crew chief, full Hendrick support, Engineering, Notes from the 48, 24, 5 cars. It is something that Stewart was given by Hendrick. The other years they didn't have that kind of support. In every way Hendrick now had six cars on his team and counting...

I hate you.

kwillymac 07-16-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gojr88 (Post 834)
I hate you.

ok...I am guessing it is because I didn't mention Jr.? He is my favorite driver too. He just is down right now. He will be back though.:D