Blog entries from December 2011:|
- "Vettel to Win WDC in 2012 & 2013" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on December 30, 2011 (0 comments)
I am not an advocate of naming anyone to win a championship before a season starts, let alone before the preceding season starts; however, barring major changes to Formula One's technical regulations or massive injuries, I think I've found a solid lock. The rationale for this extravagant prediction includes history and technological regulations.
In .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Nationwide & Truck Predictions" posted by 24over48 on December 25, 2011 (14 comments)
Merry Christmas! Next season I will be joining G14 and I will host Nationwide and Truck Predictions. The same points system will be used, however there will be no prize to the champion except pride. As of right now all I need to know is how nany people are interested in competing for the 2012 season.
Thank you and have a Merry Christmas! .... Read the rest of this blog
- "A Silly Season Like No Other" posted by Nick DeGroot on December 23, 2011 (14 comments)
Every year, the media is always talking about how Silly Season starts so early in NASCAR and things are happening before even a quarter of the season is over. Like many other things in the Cup Series this year, it was different. Everything about this year was different. From the 5 first time winners and 18 total to Kyle Busch getting beat up and .... Read the rest of this blog
- "More Offseason Viewing" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on December 14, 2011 (0 comments)
To date, it seems the best blog I have written is "Recommended Offseason Viewing" from last year. Considering that it was a list of YouTube links to bootlegged races, it doesn't say much for my writing skills, but it made for some good viewing. One year later, I've found more races worth another look.
The first selection is the 2010 Indianapolis .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Gambling in Mississippi & My 2nd Annual Snowball Derby Trip" posted by ajcrdstr24 on December 7, 2011 (1 comment)
For the second straight year, my late fall trip south has been completed without delays, and with quite excellent weather and some exciting racing!
This year the week began in Mississippi, as I used a prize package I won earlier in the year for a three day, two night stay in Biloxi. The town is very clean and safe and the casinos are state .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Merry Christmas and a Happy Nineteen Eighty-four" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on December 7, 2011 (3 comments)
Two seasons ago, Brian France gave his infamous "Have at It, Boys" speech. In this speech, he was so bold as to use the phrase "Have at it, boys" and not elaborate on what that meant. Interpretations of this ran the gamut: some assumed this mean intentional crashes were allowed, some thought body contact not leading to crashes was allowed, and I .... Read the rest of this blog