Blog entries from October 2010:|
- "Should Nascar And Indycar Share Weekends?" posted by Hyperacti on October 30, 2010 (10 comments)
The topic at hand is whether Nascar and Indycar should both visit the same racetrack on the same weekend, much the same way Nascar sends both the Cup and Nationwide series to a track at the same time. Should Nascar and Indycar visit the same track on the same weekend?
Nascar often brings multiple series to the same racetrack at the same time. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Babbling About Television Ratings" posted by ajcrdstr24 on October 29, 2010 (2 comments)
It's a given that week after week the television ratings for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races continue to sag. Given the arguments about the economy with less people investing in cable and satellite television, opinions that the radio announcing team is better than certain television networks and the presentation of television coverage (with all the .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Religion, Politics, and the Great Pumpkin" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on October 29, 2010 (3 comments)
I love pumpkin pie. It?s sweet, it tastes vaguely like pumpkin, and comes in pie form. Of course pumpkin is a difficult fruit to cook. It takes hours of cooking just to make pumpkin purée and it lasts long enough on the shelf that buying canned pumpkin will provide the same taste as fresh pumpkin. I would wager that the best pumpkin pie you have .... Read the rest of this blog
- "If Francis comes, McGrew has to go" posted by Number1NASCARFan on October 26, 2010 (10 comments)
Okay class, it's time for today's math lesson. Today we will be learning about crew chiefs.....
Okay, so we all know that Kenny Francis is expected to be going to Red Bull racing next year with Kasey Kahne. Now, you know what happens when you assume, but I think it's pretty safe to say that Kahne will be joined at Hendrick Motorsports in 2012 with .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Not Your Grandfathers Martinsville" posted by The Vicar on October 26, 2010 (2 comments)
Actually, it was probably a lot like your grandfather?s Martinsville ? everyone with large black zeroes on both sides of their car. I can picture Weatherly, Thomas, Petty, Buck, the Flocks and the 22 other drivers (including Glen Wood and Gwyn Staley) battling for 200 laps in the first paved race at this track. (10.16.55).
This race and the .... Read the rest of this blog
- "2000 Winston 500--10 Years Later" posted by Cooper on October 26, 2010 (9 comments)
Time flies by doesn't it? Whether it be racing or life, time can escape the minds of individuals to the point you ask "It was that Long Ago?". The date was October 15th, 2000, George Bush had yet taken office in the United States, Society was only 10 months removed from the "Y2K frenzy" and life seemed so simple. No troubles, No worries and for NASCAR .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top Ten Predictions - Talladega" posted by G14 on October 25, 2010 (14 comments)
Juan Montoya - winner
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Joey Logano .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Martinsville" posted by G14 on October 25, 2010 (2 comments)
Josh has extended his lead and it looks like he will win the first annual Predictor Cup (still working on a catchier name). If you are 1th or lower in the points standings, you have been mathematically eliminated. You are still more than welcome to play, but with a recent outburst of "new people" playing, I find it likely that some people are using .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Hall And Notes" posted by The Vicar on October 21, 2010 (8 comments)
Another Hall Of Fame class is in the can.
This vote has sparked a lot more controversy than last year?s. The debate could ? and probably will ? go on for quite some time. Darrell?s reactions ? although quite subdued by his standards ? might give some clue as to why he?ll wait another year.
There is some great input from blogger G14 .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Korea Breaker?" posted by Riverside on October 21, 2010 (12 comments)
So after all the confusion and speculation, Korea host its first GP weekend tomorrow. Built semi-permanent like Valencia it is the third foray into the unknown in as many years. But as I said, draped in speculation since the mid-season, it wont come without it?s controversies.
For starters, in my opinion, starting construction a year before .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Juan PABLO Montoya" posted by Hyperacti on October 20, 2010 (9 comments)
Short entry. I was watching the Sprint Cup series race a few weeks ago and my mom asked me why the announcers and commentators always have to say the "Pablo" that comes between Juan, and Montoya.
Personally I am not a fan of 3-word names. In my ideal world, his name is simply Juan Montoya and that's final. This way it fits in with everybody .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Martinsville" posted by G14 on October 18, 2010 (14 comments)
Jimmie Johnson - winner
Brad Keselowski .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Charlotte" posted by G14 on October 18, 2010 (0 comments)
Alot of rookies this past week, I am hoping they are preparing for next season! Anyways, here are the updated points standings.
1. Josh C - 97
2. Fun Gus - 82
3. Smoke - 81
4. G14 - 81
5. Seize - 78
6. Riverside - 64
7. Matt1986 - 62
8. JGF - 57
9. Roushfan - 53
10. Sheamus - 50
11. Mike - 47
12. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "News from Lake Maxicokonn" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on October 15, 2010 (2 comments)
It?s been a quiet week in Lake Maxicokonn, Pennsylvania, my old home town out on the edge of the swamp. It?s a wonderful time of year; fall has arrived. The leaves have started changing color and soon the trees will resemble death. Quarter-midget racing is about to wrap up its season at Maxicokonn Speedway. You can still stand outside on a Saturday .... Read the rest of this blog
- "HOF - Your thoughts?" posted by G14 on October 13, 2010 (28 comments)
No Yarborough? What in the world? Honestly, I am not surprised about DW, I figured he would be next year or the year after, but Yarborough not making it is crazy in my opinion.
What are your thoughts? .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Funtana" posted by The Vicar on October 12, 2010 (0 comments)
Another good race is in the can.
There was indeed a whole lot of great racing and car control plus some evidence of the effect of the mounting pressure. And it?s only going to get better ? at least over the next 3 or 4 weeks.
Having said that, I?m not a proponent of racing at this track, but if the powers that be insist on a race here, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top Ten Predictions - Charlotte" posted by G14 on October 11, 2010 (24 comments)
Kasey Kahne -winner
Mark Martin .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Fontana" posted by G14 on October 11, 2010 (0 comments)
Ouch! What a rough day for many of us. I guess thats what happens when all the Roush guys blew up at a track where a top 10 is a given. Our points leader Josh however, didn't struggle and got 6 out of the top 10 correct. Reminds me of another points leader who does good on days everyone else does bad...
1. Josh C - 92
2. Smoke - 76
3. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Fantastic Final Fall Race For Fontana!" posted by drewh on October 11, 2010 (2 comments)
By: Drew Hierwarter
For the final time, the NASCAR Sprint Cup cars have raced at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California in the fall. Next year there will only be one race on the grounds of the former Kaiser steel mill 45 miles east of Los Angeles.
Ever since 2004 when NASCAR awarded a second date to that track by taking the historic .... Read the rest of this blog
- "NASCAR On South Park" posted by ajcrdstr24 on October 7, 2010 (5 comments)
Before I begin, I would honestly say that I am quite the South Park fan. While some of their humor can be considered vulgar, derogatory or sometimes childish; most often they successfully and brilliantly put a hilarious spin on pop culture and make some things questionable in the world today pretty funny.
That was not entirely the case with .... Read the rest of this blog
- "00 Buck Shot" posted by The Vicar on October 5, 2010 (13 comments)
Another good race is in the can.
For a very short time, I was willing to give the 00 the benefit of the doubt. It didn?t take long to realize I was mistaken and pretty much the only one with that opinion. Correction ? me and Nascar. Unfortunately, Nascar held on to their opinion for the rest of the race.
Gotta give Kansas Speedway .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Fontana" posted by G14 on October 4, 2010 (17 comments)
Kevin Harvick - winner
Kurt Busch .... Read the rest of this blog
- "2010 IndyCar Quick Season Review" posted by Riverside on October 4, 2010 (0 comments)
So IndyCar is over for another season. And we don?t have a new champ, like I was expecting, but a three time champ in Dario Franchitti, who equals Sam Hornish, Jr. on IRL titles. The road to Homestead has been a long but exciting one, and there are many highlights worth discussing.
BEST RACE: Chicagoland
Ryan Briscoe, Marco Andretti, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Kansas" posted by G14 on October 4, 2010 (0 comments)
Congrats to Mike, who was only person to predict Biffle winning.
1. Josh C - 86
2. Smoke - 73
3. Fun Gus - 72
4. G14 - 72
5. Seize - 69
6. Matt1986 - 55
7. Riverside - 55
8. Roushfan - 53
9. JGF - 48
10. Mike - 42
11. Sheamus - 42
12. Smiff - 31
13. Jerry Punch - 23
14. Millertime - 21
15. .... Read the rest of this blog