Blog entries from March 2011:|
- "Sizzlers & Fizzlers after the AUTO CLUB 400" posted by Mik Maq racer83 on March 29, 2011 (2 comments)
1.Ryan Newman- The rocket man continues to dazzle in 2011.
2.Brian Vickers- continuous strong runs will only build his confidence towards the road to recovery.
3.Kasey Kahne -If only Red Bull could retain him past this season.
4.Juan Pablo Montoya -This year he will carry the Earnhardt Ganassi Racing .... Read the rest of this blog
- "California Son(s)" posted by The Vicar on March 29, 2011 (1 comment)
Another good race is in the can.
Not bad for 4/5 ths of a race. I?d sure like to see the remaining 50 laps. Or does it make no difference what the posted distance is? Does every race just boil down to the last 20%? Still beats football and basketball when a good game comes down to the last ? oh ? one tenth of one percent of the game.
RE .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Martinsville" posted by G14 on March 28, 2011 (34 comments)
Winner - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
.... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Fontana" posted by G14 on March 28, 2011 (0 comments)
No winners this week after having what seemed like a million last week. T-27 scored the most points this week with 13 and Brad gained an extra point on his lead over second place Josh C.
New ?feature? this week ? I am noting to the right how many positions each player gained each race, so don?t get this confused with points behind (I don?t .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Busch and Harvick Steal a Couple of Races" posted by drewh on March 28, 2011 (2 comments)
Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick are thieves. They both stole races right out from under the noses of other drivers. In Busch?s case it was the Nationwide race on Saturday while on Sunday in the Cup race, Harvick was the thief.
On Saturday the Royal Purple 300 was dominated by Harvick and Carl Edwards as the two combined to lead 112 of the 150 .... Read the rest of this blog
- "The Usual Suspect" posted by The Vicar on March 23, 2011 (2 comments)
Another great race is in the can.
I stole. I cheated. At least that?s how I felt after the Jeff Byrd Food City 500. I must owe somebody something besides the few cents I?ll have to pay Duke Energy for the electricity that powered my TV.
Occasionally you might feel cheated after paying good money to witness a concert, movie, or some .... Read the rest of this blog
- "How to Save AMA Road Racing" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on March 23, 2011 (1 comment)
I admit that I am not a fan of motorcycles or two-wheeled vehicles in general, but if it has an engine and is being raced, I?ll probably watch it anyway.
First thing to change is the Daytona 200. I?m sure this is the only motorcycle race that most people watching it will pay attention to this year. Why? Because it?s Daytona! You can race .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Fontana" posted by G14 on March 21, 2011 (28 comments)
Winner - Greg Biffle
Kurt Busch .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Bristol" posted by G14 on March 21, 2011 (0 comments)
I haven?t kept track of past weeks, but this has to be a record for number of people correctly guessing the winner. 12 people out of 27 participants this week correctly guessed Kyle Busch to win, including Brad, who won for the third straight week. You may want to see who he picks for Fontana before you put your predictions down.
Your defending .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Sizzlers & Fizzlers after Jeff Byrd 500" posted by Mik Maq racer83 on March 20, 2011 (1 comment)
1.Kyle Busch -2nd Bristol weekend sweep. Do we smell 8 of the last 8 at Bristol come August ?
2.Carl Edwards- Off to one Hell of a start to the season.
3.Paul Menard - The young man is coming into his own.
4.Dale Earnhardt Jr- Has JR found that consistency, He has been looking for?
5.Kurt Busch -Dont .... Read the rest of this blog
- "March Madness" posted by The Vicar on March 17, 2011 (1 comment)
No. Not that one. To me it?s the prospect of the ?spring? race in the foothills of the Tennessee Blue Ridge range. Granted, most of the memorable Bristol races have been in August, you can now walk up and buy a ticket on race day, and you don?t have to wreck someone to pass, it?s still ?Thunder Valley?.
On the plus side of living in the world .... Read the rest of this blog
- "New Vs. Old Bristol" posted by Cooper on March 15, 2011 (23 comments)
The watercooler talk between myself and my fellow NASCAR fans this week has been about Bristol. They seem so excited for a race that I haven't been excited about in four years. Ever since the repave and rebanking job done in 2007, I just look at Bristol as "another race". Yes the track has expanded from one to two grooves, but I enjoyed the single groove .... Read the rest of this blog
- "10 Top Predictions - Bristol" posted by G14 on March 14, 2011 (26 comments)
Ryan Newman .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Less Than A Month Until THE RACE!" posted by ajcrdstr24 on March 12, 2011 (0 comments)
Most might refer to the 2011 Daytona 500 as potentially the race of the year even though we're not even a month into the official racing season, and while NASCAR is off to a positive start with the excellent competition in the Cup and Truck Series I think the best stock car race of the year might not even be NASCAR sanctioned.
The Pro All Stars .... Read the rest of this blog
- "The Race Is Not Always..." posted by The Vicar on March 8, 2011 (0 comments)
to the swift(est), nor the battle to the strong. But that?s the way to bet. (Damon Runyon). Or not!
Another race is in the can.
?Second sucks? ? Tony Stewart. A heartfelt and refreshing display of emotion. No matter how many victories and championships. No matter how much money in the bank. To him ? and fewer others than we may think .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Vegas" posted by G14 on March 7, 2011 (0 comments)
Congrats to Brad, who made it two wins in a row, defending champion Josh C, Bronco, and Joey2448 for picking Edwards to win. Not much else to add this week, but I would like to say I will NOT set a deadline for picking your drivers. Obviously, you have to pick before the race, but you can pick after qualifying and Happy Hour. It is everyone else?s .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Edwards and Stewart, Both Hot in Vegas!" posted by drewh on March 7, 2011 (2 comments)
Carl Edwards is the hottest driver in NASCAR lately. Lately being the key word. His win in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Kobalt Tools 400 race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway yesterday was his third win in five races going back to the end of the 2010 season, where Edwards won the last two.
In spite of Tony Stewart?s domination, leading 163 of 267 laps .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Sizzlers & Fizzlers after Kobalt Tools 400" posted by Mik Maq racer83 on March 6, 2011 (4 comments)
1.Carl Edwards- He may be the man to dethrone the five time champ.
2.Ryan Newman- This season he is living up to the nickname rocket Ryan.
3.Dale Earnhardt Jr- You can almost feel a victory coming on real soon.
4.Marcos Ambrose- A great finish for Team in need of positivity.
5.Brian Vickers - .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Tragic Kingdom" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on March 2, 2011 (7 comments)
Author's note: I normally write my blogs on Microsoft Word to spell check them before posting. Recently my hard drive crashed and I haven't been able to reload Microsoft Office yet. In the mean time, I take no responsibility for the quality of my spelling.
Protests in the Kingdom of Bahrain have forced the postponement (or maybe cancelation) .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Gordon And Phoenix: A Love Story" posted by The Vicar on March 2, 2011 (0 comments)
Another good race is in the can.
My investment in the 24, as a member of AARP, is paying off already. Never mind. I guess they don?t actually send us a dividend check.
Maybe the finish wasn?t quite Daytona-esque, but the racing was more like it?s supposed to be ? except maybe for the unexpected Phoenix ?big one?. Lot?s of good racing, .... Read the rest of this blog