Blog entries from February 2014:|
- "The Profit on CNBC 500 Preview and Predictions" posted by Avery on February 28, 2014 (2 comments)
Originally published on Speedway Media:
I kept trying to pry my jaw off the floor this entire week after Dale Earnhardt, Jr. won the Daytona 500, but I decided it was going to remain there for quite some time. Although I really shouldn't be as surprised as I am, since the Hendrick driver has finished second in 2010, 2012, and 2013. It was .... Read the rest of this blog
- "RRFPC Standings - Week 3" posted by David on February 27, 2014 (2 comments)
Sorry for the delay this week.
1. riven3d - 36.75 (+1)
2. NicoRosbergFan - 25 (-1)
3. David - 18.75
4. kevin20fan - 17.92
5. Dodge - 15.75
6. 24over48 - 14.42 (+1)
7. The Long Shot - 13.25
8. Schroeder51 - 9.5
9. T-27 - 9
10. 883110fan - 8
11. Spen - 6.25 (-5)
12. Brad414 - 3.5
13. Nascar Lead .... Read the rest of this blog
- "V8 Supercars 2014 - Round 1 Preview" posted by Leo Graae on February 26, 2014 (5 comments)
The 2014 season of racing has begun! The Rolex 24 started my racing year, the brilliant Daytona 500 satisfied the cravings for excitement and now the V8 Supercars are set to begin the year long fight for the championship.
Another big thanks to Racing-Reference for hosting the results and to everyone who has shown interest and given thanks so .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Possible New Fantasy League?" posted by numbah10hatah on February 25, 2014 (15 comments)
Hey fellow NASCAR fans! The NASCAR Lug Nut (aka numbah10hatah) here with a possible new fantasy league if enough people are interested. My game is simple. You pick 5 drivers for the week, and you get the amount of points that they get. For example, if you would have picked Martin Truex Jr. for this week, you would have scored 1 point. Or if you chose .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Fantasy NASCAR Predictions - Phoenix" posted by 24over48 on February 24, 2014 (29 comments)
The Phoenix Cup race will be the first of 5 Cup Jackpot races this year! If you win the MVP in 3 of the 5 Jackpot races, you will receive 50 bonus points!! The other 4 Cup Jackpot races are...
2nd New Hampshire
Good luck everyone!
The Profit on CNBC 500 Entry List: http://www.jayski.com/stats/2014/pdfs/02phx2014entry.pdf
Sprint .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Fantasy NASCAR Predictor Standings after Daytona" posted by 24over48 on February 24, 2014 (0 comments)
Before the first race of the season took the green flag, I already had a problem with the MIPA. I know I said that if anyone argues over the MIPA, I will get rid of it. I will keep my word. No one really argued over it, so they'll stay for now. I don't want to point fingers, so I expect all of you to do the same. I .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Exhibition Predictor Standings after Duel Races" posted by 24over48 on February 24, 2014 (0 comments)
A couple quick announcements before I go into anything. First of all, please make sure you put 10 names. I had someone this week put only 9 names.
I understand a lot of you predicted Kevin Harvick up front. And I understand he technically finished up front. However, due to his disqualification, I did not count any points for Kevin Harvick predictions. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Home Track Predictions - Week 2" posted by The Long Shot on February 24, 2014 (17 comments)
WEST SERIES (Phoenix; predictions due by 7 pm EST Thursday)
TOYOTA SERIES (Phoenix; predictions due by 9 pm EST Friday)
Entry lists will be posted once they are released. Predictions to follow. Good luck, everyone! .... Read the rest of this blog
- "RRFRDL Standings After Daytona" posted by The Long Shot on February 24, 2014 (1 comment)
Legend: Name (Drivers On Team): Points Scored (Positions Finished By Drivers)
1. Rainbow Legend Enterprises (Earnhardt Jr./Gordon): 82 (1/4)
2. R3 Motorsports (Keselowski/Hamlin): 75 (2/3)
3. FeebleBunny Productions (Kenseth/McMurray): 44 (6/14)
4. 10Hatah Racin' (Johnson/Ku. Busch): 39 (5/21)
5. GrimSchot .... Read the rest of this blog
- "The V8's are coming" posted by Leo Graae on February 22, 2014 (18 comments)
The cat has been let out of the bag - the V8 Supercars will be soon be featured here at racing-reference.
I've been wanting a more informative results database for my country's premier motorsport category for a long time now. Right now, there isn't anywhere that you can look back at a V8 Supercar race result and see where everyone started, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Technology Doping? That's a Funny Way of Saying 'Innovation'" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on February 21, 2014 (0 comments)
It has been asserted that the Summer Olympics are a spectacle of sport and the Winter Olympics are 48 different types of sliding. This year's winter games have included talk of special speed skating uniforms and carbon fiber bobsleds. Stick & ball sportswriters are absolutely perplexed by the notion that a competitive advantage could be gained from .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Home Track Results - Week 1 (The Rampage of riven3d)" posted by The Long Shot on February 19, 2014 (2 comments)
First off, I have to announce this: contrary to what I've been saying for this entire offseason, I will be issuing MIPA's for these series. The reason for doing this is because I came up with an interesting idea for the MIPA of the Year competition, to be released at a later date. I realize that the lateness of this decision will undoubtedly upset some .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Fantasy NASCAR Predictions - Daytona" posted by 24over48 on February 18, 2014 (48 comments)
Daytona 500 Entry List: http://www.jayski.com/stats/2014/pdfs/01dis2014entry.pdf
Sprint Cup Estimated Green Flag Time: Sunday 1:20pm EST
DRIVE4COPD 300 Entry List: http://www.jayski.com/news/nationwide/2014/story/_/page/NNS-2014-01-Daytona-Entry-List
Nationwide Estimated Green Flag Time: Saturday 1:34pm EST
NextEra Energy Resources .... Read the rest of this blog
- "RRFPC Standings - Week 2" posted by David on February 18, 2014 (7 comments)
1. NicoRosbergFan - 17
2. riven3d - 14.75
3. David - 9.25
4. kevin20fan - 8.67
5. Dodge - 8
6. Spen - 6.25
7. 24over48 - 4.42
8. numbah10hatah - 0.67
NOTE: Decimals are due to ties between players. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "1/7th of a Human Hair" posted by Avery on February 17, 2014 (3 comments)
The warm Floridian sun illuminated the Daytona International Speedway as cars were on track to complete the only single-car qualifying round of the season. Then there was Jimmie Johnson, once again struggling to get his car through inspection.
Naturally, Twitter exploded with comments about Knaus' cheating habits and his troubles with pushing .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Exhibition Predictions: Races 2 and 3: Budweiser Duels" posted by 24over48 on February 17, 2014 (26 comments)
Green flag for the first race is estimated at Thursday 7:15 pm EST
Green flag for the second race is estimated at Thursday 8:30 pm EST
BE COMPLETELY AWARE OF WHO YOU ARE PREDICTING! Make sure you are predicting drivers in the correct Duel!!
Duel 1 Entry List
#3 - Austin Dillon
#4 - Kevin Harvick
#5 - Kasey Kahne
#9 .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Exhibition Predictor Standings after Unlimited" posted by 24over48 on February 17, 2014 (4 comments)
I'd like to start off by apologizing. I promised to post practice/startling lineup through social media but I forgot to mention I was on a retreat over the weekend so I could not do that. I will be much more aware of that in the future.
Some other notes...
In the cases of drivers like Earnhardt, Stenhouse, and Truex. Please type their .... Read the rest of this blog
- "The Sprint Unlimited Entry List and Predictions" posted by Avery on February 12, 2014 (2 comments)
After trying to comprehend the multitude of modifications and driver swaps in the offseason, we are finally set to begin the 2014 season. While the Daytona 500 is still about a week and a half away, the Sprint Unlimited is this Saturday. Since The Sprint Unlimited only has the drivers that received a pole last year (as well as some other criteria), .... Read the rest of this blog
- "A Call to be Better Fans" posted by NASCARgirl01 on February 12, 2014 (6 comments)
Well, here we are at the dawn of a new season full of new adventures and experiences. Given that you are reading this, I assume that you survived the offseason and as eager to get the year kicked off in Daytona as I am. As we embark on race season 2014, I imagine the thought of resolutions has long since drifted out of your heads, but there is one .... Read the rest of this blog
- "First Signs of Spring" posted by The Vicar on February 12, 2014 (0 comments)
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale and Bob Varsha - if you had a third tier cable/sat. package and could keep up with the channel variations. Thanks, FOX. (Did anyone else get a sense of shenanigans at this auction?)
24 Hours of Daytona and Bob Varsha.
Nascar grasping at straws to try to keep up with the NFL. (Good luck with that.)
Not .... Read the rest of this blog
- "New NASCAR Television Show" posted by cjs3872 on February 11, 2014 (8 comments)
I'm not sure anyone has heard it, but NBC Sports has announced a new daily NASCAR program will debut the day after this year's Daytona 500 on it's NBC Sports cable channel. It's called "NASCAR America", and it is apparently going to cover NASCAR from all angles. Rick Allen, who was named the play-by-play man for NBC's return to NASCAR in the middle .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Exhibition Predictions: Race 1 - Sprint Unlimited" posted by 24over48 on February 10, 2014 (25 comments)
The time has come to kick off the 2014 Fantasy NASCAR Season!! We will begin with the first of 5 exhibition races, the Sprint Unlimited. Just comment your Top-10 prediction in the comments section and receive points based on your accuracy. I only want you to type the names of the drivers, nothing else. Do not number them or add anything, I just want .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Home Track Predictions - Week 1" posted by The Long Shot on February 10, 2014 (24 comments)
Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to announce the kick-off of the 2014 Home Tracks League season! Special note to you all: the two Battle of the Beach races are worth DOUBLE POINTS towards their respective series, so choose wisely for them. And without further ado, here we go!
ARCA ENTRY LIST: http://www.arcaracing.com/schedule.php?contentid=1940&display=event_entry#details
(Additional .... Read the rest of this blog
- "1958 Ladfordization!" posted by Spen on February 4, 2014 (1 comment)
Probably one of the biggest cakewalk titles in history. Only three drivers ran at least 40 of the 51 races, and Lee ran four more than any other driver. Granted, even if Baker had won each race he skipped, he still wouldn't have won.
1. Lee Petty 7663
2. Buck Baker 6513 (-1150)
3. Speedy Thomson 5151 (-2512)
4. Jack Smith 5138 (-2525)
5. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "2014 Fantasy NASCAR Guidelines" posted by 24over48 on February 3, 2014 (1 comment)
As the 2014 season draws near, I'd like to review several rules/guidelines I expect everyone to follow.
Rule #1 - I cannot stress enough how important it is to follow directions. When you post your predictions, just list the names of the 10 drivers. Do not number them 1-10, do not put their car numbers, no comments, no nicknames. Correct spelling .... Read the rest of this blog
- "2014 Fantasy Kickoff!" posted by 24over48 on February 3, 2014 (3 comments)
IF YOU READ THIS IN NOVEMBER, PLEASE READ THIS ANYWAY! SOME THINGS HAVE CHANGED!
Ladies and gentlemen, the 2014 season is just around the corner. The Fantasy season this year will be very simple. Just comment your Top-10 prediction on the appropriate post and receive points based on your prediction. You must use one line per name, do not number .... Read the rest of this blog
- "RRFRDL Draft Results" posted by The Long Shot on February 2, 2014 (17 comments)
Long Shot Racing (you can customize your own organization names if you wish)
Cup: Joey Logano, Kyle Larson
IndyCar: Scott Dixon, Carlos Munoz
F1: Fernando Alonso, Daniil Kvyat
Development Drivers: Ryan Blaney, Matthew Brabham, Chris Buescher, Kyle Benjamin
Cup: Kyle Busch, Greg Biffle
IndyCar: .... Read the rest of this blog
- "RRFRDL Draft Page: Draft Tomorrow At 8 AM CST" posted by The Long Shot on February 1, 2014 (217 comments)
This will be the official draft page of the Racing-Reference Fantasy Racing Dynasty League. The draft will take place in the comments section of this blog post at 8 AM CST. Although it was initially scheduled for 9 AM, most people seem to prefer the earlier start time. If you are unable to attend the draft, then send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Growing Their TUSCCs" posted by NicoRosbergFan on February 1, 2014 (3 comments)
Don't say I didn't tell you so. I warned you that NASCAR was going to kill things in the Tudor United SportsCar Championship.
So, the Rolex 24 suffered three blows that are a sign of things to come.
1. NASCAR violently hates the P2s.
2. NASCAR officiating is bogus.
3. The race director is a pill.
4. The TV contract is .... Read the rest of this blog
- "9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on February 1, 2014 (8 comments)
New qualifying procedures and suspension rules show that NASCAR is open to thinking outside the box, and the new Chase format suggest their open to not thinking at all. Before the season starts, I will propose nine rule changes. All of these suggestions will only affect the sporting regulations; none of them require changes to the cars. These rules .... Read the rest of this blog